On Friday, February 14th, Big Gay Hudson Valley will host its first-ever Valentine’s Day event for the Hudson Valley LGBTQ community and their friends and allies. Created for everyone – single and the partnered – the “Show Your Love” Ball will take place at the spectacular Locust Grove Estate on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie from 7pm to 11pm.
Upon arrival guests will receive a glass of sparkling wine from Clinton Vineyards, and the night will feature a four course meal and open bar featuring beer and wine catered by Ed Kowalski of Crave Restaurant & Lounge in Poughkeepsie. Hudson’s very own Ophelia Nightly will serenade attendees with her fabulous voice and keep spirits lively with her divine sense of fun and camp. At the end of the meal, guests will enjoy an interactive collection of dessert stations featuring a variety of selections from local artisans like Hudson Chocolates, Adirondack Creamery, Trixie’s Oven, and Sprout Creek Farm. In addition to live entertainment, music and dancing will be served up by Superior Sounds.
The menu for the “Show Your Love” Ball is below. Please note that gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options are available for all courses. Please indicate any special dietary needs when you purchase your tickets online.
A portion of the proceeds from the “Show Your Love” Ball will be donated to local Hudson Valley LGBTQ not-for-profits. Guests will have the opportunity to “show their love” for Hudson Valley LGBTQ organizations that they feel most connected to by sending a valentine to one of the groups listed below:
At the end of the night, each organization will be given a percentage portion of the evening’s proceeds based on the number of valentines they receive.
Dress & Tickets
Dress for this event is “cocktail fabulous” (ie: look good for a night on the town.) Tickets are $80 per person with just 110 seats available. Purchase your tickets now and don’t miss this opportunity to Show Your Love for the Hudson Valley LGBTQ community this Valentine’s Day.
Passed Hors d’oeuvres
- New England clam chowder served in espresso cup with fried clam skewer
- Tuna tartar served in mini tuile with wasabi cream and pickled ginger
- Spicy Thai beef dumplings with black tahini
- Mini duck sliders with pear kimchi
- Fig and fontina purse with lavender
- Chicken & waffle skewers with maple aioli
Roasted red pepper bisque with lump crab salad and fried sunchokes
Local delicata squash and endive salad served with toasted pepita seeds, arugula, farro and crown maple-whole grain mustard vinaigrette
Entrée (choice of one)
- Coffee-ancho chili rubbed sirloin served with barbequed potato gnocchi, broccoli rabe, cherry tomatoes and heirloom carrots
- Pan seared Scottish Salmon served with coconut cauliflower puree, salted peanut foam and cilantro gel and mango tapioca
- Risotto with Carrot and Farro, served with Hudson Valley winter vegetables
Interactive Stations with offerings from Hudson Chocolates, Adirondack Creamery, Sprout Creek Farm, and Trixie’s Oven
Support for the “Show Your Love” Ball provided by…