It seems hard to imagine that we are now only two days away from the Big Gay Hudson Valley.com Pride Preview Party at Locust Grove on Friday, May 29th! We’ve been traveling all over the Hudson Valley this past weekend – from Hudson to Cold Spring – and we heard from hundreds of you that you plan to join us after work on Friday night.
Just a couple of brief reminders;
- Weather looks like it will be 77 on Friday – with only a slight chance of showers in the early part of the day – but just remember, this event will happen rain or shine, as we have plenty of room inside the Locust Grove Visitors Center.
- General Admission is $5, and tours of the mansion are available for additional $5. This is a great deal, as the usual price of the tours is $8 per person.
- The event will have PLENTY of parking. Of course, we’ll be able to use the main parking lot at Locust Grove, and we’ll also have two additional lots for overflow parking on either side of the Estate.
- This event is BYO, and such, Arlington Wines and Liquors is offering a 10 percent discount on wine purchases through Friday with a special discount coupon on the Big Gay Hudson Valley website; http://www.biggayhudsonvalley.com/?page_id=1169
- Everyone is encouraged to bring a blanket, and join your friends and “family” on the great lawns of Locust Grove for a picnic dinner.
- We have a huge variety of LGBTQ organizations that are going to be joining us for this event, and many of them will be looking for your support to make our community ever more vibrant. With volunteer opportunities, raffles, and many other ways to get involved, this is a great chance to meet your neighbors.
- Rumor has it that raffle opportunities range from art and home decor items to brunches in your home prepared by students from the CIA’s LGBTQ Alliance, or even a meal with Project Runway’s Tim Gunn provided by VCS Gay Pride Rockland.
- Locust Grove has made the entire 200 acre estate available to us for the evening of Friday, May 29th, and everyone is welcome; While the sun is still up enjoy touring the heirloom peonies, the community supported vegetable gardens or just the Locust Grove Estate itself. With views of the Hudson River, and trails that will take you down to the cliffs overlooking the Mid-Hudson Bridge, the sweeping vistas are spectacular.
- As the sun sets, we’ll turn up the music and transform the arts and crafts-era inspired Locust Grove Visitor Center into a Big Gay Dance Party thanks to the Prephab and Superior Sounds DJs that bring us the Wednesday Nights at Halo, Lovejack at the Platinum Lounge, and the EGO parties at Prime Time.
- And finally, if you have a moment, please be sure to tell all of your friends you’ll be attending the BGHV Pride Preview Party this Friday night – and we’d love you forever if you would encourage them to join you. 😉 Feel free to add the following link to your Facebook profile; http://www.biggayhudsonvalley.com/?page_id=1169
Thank you in advance for your support of Big Gay Hudson Valley.com, and we look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces on Friday Night!
– Stephan & Patrick