Openly gay priest, welcoming congregation. Here’s who we are and what we stand for:
- We believe we have found an approach to God through the life and teachings of Jesus.
- We respect the faithfulness of other people who have other names for the way to God’s realm and acknowledge that their ways are true for them.
- We understand that the sharing of bread and wine in Jesus name is a meaningful way to experience the holy presence of God.
- We invite all people to participate in our community and worship life without insisting that they become like us.
- We know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest expression of what we believe.
- We find more grace in the search for understanding than we do in dogmatic certainty, more value in questioning than in absolutes.
- We strive for peace and justice among all people.
- We recognize that being followers of Jesus is costly and entails selfless love, conscientious resistance to evil, and renunciation of privilege.
Christ Church is affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of New York and linked to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City. The Rt. Rev. Mark Sisk is our bishop. The Rev. Jerry Brooks is vicar, 845-834-3474. The church office phone is 845-231-3412. Send eMail to email@example.com.